Fudge Crinkles Recipe
This recipe was found on food.com and only requires 4 ingredients!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil’s food cake (Betty Crocker Super Moist suggested)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- confectioner’s sugar or granulated sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir (by hand) dry cake mix, oil, and eggs in a large bowl until dough forms
- Dust hands with confectioner’s sugar and shape dough into 1″ balls
- Roll balls in confectioner’s sugar and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until center is JUST SET.
- Remove from pans after a minute or so and cool on wire racks.
- You may have a problem with cookies flattening while baking. This usually happens with the generic cake mix brands. You can play with oven temp to keep them from spreading.
- Another way to keep them nice and thick to get the most “crinkled” look is to make them bigger. When i roll them at about 1.5 inches they look prettier.
- BEST tip: My confectioner’s sugar was consistently being absorbed by the dough. The last time i baked them, I rolled them into balls without rolling in the sugar and let them “dry” for a few minutes. Then I rolled them in sugar and baked. These came out with a nice coating of sugar that didn’t disappear.
While I love the peanut butter kiss cookie, the fudge crinkle has got to be my favorite quick recipe. I can’t help it, I have a chocolate tooth! I hope you enjoyed these recipes. If you have any suggestions or tips, please share below!