And now we come to the end of our “Star Grad” Celebration (Part 1, Part 2) As promised, I have dedicated an entire post to highlight the centerpiece of the graduation party: the Star Wars Dessert Table. This has probably been the most entertaining dessert table that I’ve collaborated on with Abby of Piece of Cake, especially since she is a huge fan of the films. Another consultant is my hubby who forced me to watch the old films back-to-back to get a better sense of the characters and why it is such a classic. Every time an idea came to mind I had to run it by him and he would give a nod of approval or look of dislike. The most difficult part of designing the table was finding a nice balance between star wars and graduation elements. I think in the end, the combination was just right.
Highlights of the table include:
- Star Wars Poster Backdrop, “All I need to know about life I learned from Star Wars”
- “Star Grad” Cake with a large fondant grad cap.
- Star War’s Character Cookies & Gummies: Yoda, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper
- Grad Desserts: Diploma Cakes and Grad Cap Pops
- Clever Food Names: Lightsaber Pretzels, Chewbacca Bars, Yoda Macarons, and Hans Solo Truffles.
- Custom pennant cupcake toppers with images of popular Star Wars characters and the words, “Star Grad”, “Class of 2012″, and “May the Force be with you”
- Custom Party Printables including: “Congratulations”, Tie Fighter Banner made to look like a fleet of Tie Fighters flying across the table, and Star Grad Dessert Name Cards.
- Star Wars Toys: Star Wars Action Figures supplied by the mother of the Grad, Darth Vader M&M dispenser taken from my hubby, and a Lego Tie Fighter built by my hubby and I.
To end this extremely fun post, I will leave you with these famous words, “In your pursuit of peace and justice, remember, the Force will be with you…always!”
Congrats class of 2012!